Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North East Tasmania call FT's North East Region on (03) 6350 6466
- Mt Albert Road will be closed to through traffic 30.5 km from Mathinna Plains Road intersection and approximately 14.0 km from St Helens, located at Toms Gully. The road will be closed Monday to Friday between 5:00am and 5:00pm until Christmas. (Posted 28/11/16).
- Frome Road a section of Frome Road will be closed Monday to Friday for the next two months beginning from its junction with Greenstone Road, this section of road will open on weekends. (Posted 08/11/16).
- Bare Hill Road on Borradaile Plains is closed foe access onto Mersey Forest Road. (Posted 02/09/16).
- Bryans Road is closed at the bridge over the Brushy Rivulet due to bridge failure (Posted 04/08/16).
- Mersey Forest Road is closed beyond the intersection with Lake McKenzie Road due to a washout of a section of the road. The closure affects access to Lakes Rowallan and Parangana and hiking tracks to the Walls of Jerusalem and Lees Paddocks and the Arm River Camp. (Posted 07/06/16).
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
North to North Western Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in North to North West Tasmania call FT's North West Region at Camdale
on (03) 6433 2666
- Black Creek Road, through access is no longer available on Black Creek Road (Blythe Road end of Upper Natone) due to the log culvert washing away.However there is vehicle access (not for log trucks) from Loyetea end to Blythe River. (Posted 12/09/16)
- Mt Bertha Road, the access to Wes Beckett Falls from the Tarkine Drive - closed from the junction of Sumac Road due to continuing falling trees as a result of damage caused by 2016 bushfire. The road will remain closed during spring 2016, a period of traditionally high winds. (Posted 28/07/16).
- Blackfish Road at Oldina Reserve south of Beswick Road Junction has been closed due to safety concerns. The gate will remain locked. (Posted 23/06/16)
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (Posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
For queries on road/track closures in Southern Tasmania call FT's Southern Region at Hobart on
(03) 6235 8353 OR (03) 6235 8390
- Tiger Road - The bridge over Florentine River on Tiger Road ( two kilometres in from the intersection with Florentine Road) is closed due to bridge failure. Access to the west side of the Florentine River is via Eleven Road. (Posted 16/12/16).
- Barnback Track - will be closed for approximately 6 months due to harvesting of coupe BB025A at following locations; South Barnback Spur 3 with contractor gate; Griggs Rd quarry with FT signage; and Barnback Track to the north of coupe BB025A with FT signage. (Posted 07/10/16)
- Florentine Road - The bridge on Florentine Road which crosses the Florentine River near Wayatinah is closed, (Posted 07/06/16).
- Hopetoun Outlet (Glendevie junction) - due to road works on improvements for the Huon Highway at Glendevie, access to the start of the Hopetoun outlet will be closed from 30 April 2016. Access to the Hopetoun outlet from the Huon Highway will be restored following the upgrades to the Huon Highway and the construction of a new alignment of Hopetoun outlet are completed. The timing of this is yet to be confirmed and will be made available when known. It is expected the closure may be for a period of three months. (Posted 14/04/16)
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road just past Glovers Bluff turn is closed because of road damage. (Updated 01/12/15)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)