Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's Bass office at Scottsdale Phone (03) 6350 6466
- East Barrow Road - East Barrow Road near Camden is closed due to harvesting operations. (posted 24/08/15).
- Mersey Forest Road - Mersey Forest Road is NOW OPEN. Work on clearing the road was completed ahead of time. (Posted 14/08/15)
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Meander Falls Road - Floods destroyed bridges over Mother Cummings Rivulet and Meander River, which provided road access to the Meander Falls Track, Split Rock Track, Dickson's Track, Stone Hut Track, Croft Track, Bastion Cascade Track and the Meander Picnic Area. A temporary alternative route to the Meander Falls Track car park has been opened but this is a four wheel drive only track and is likely to be closed in wet weather. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
North to North West Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's Murchison office at Camdale
Phone (03) 6433 2666
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
Central highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast
For queries on road/track closures in Central Highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast call FT's Derwent District at Hobart. Phone 6235 8353
- Arve Road (sections) - Arve Road, Geeveston from the junction of Southwood road to the Hartz Mountains turnoff will be temporarily closed for road maintenance from 20 July 2015 until 7 August 2015. The remainder of Arve Road from the Hartz Mountains turnoff to Tahune will be closed from 20 July to 30 August 2015.
As a result, access to the Hartz Mountains National Park will be closed from the 20 July 2015 until 7 August 2015 inclusive.
Coinciding with this closure, the Tahune Airwalk will also close from 20 July 2015 until 1 September 2015 to conduct an intensive maintenance program to improve the visitor experience at Tahune. (Posted 01/07/15).
- Mt Dromedary - The road into Mt Dromedary is closed. (Posted 27/05/15)
- Story's Road - Story's Road into Mt Dromedary is closed just past the boomgate indefinitely due ongoing maintenance issues. (Posted 04/05/15).
- Styx Road (section) - Styx Road between the Styx Link and Andromeda Link will be fully closed to through traffic this Monday 27/4. There will be intermittent delays for the following 2 weeks while roadworks continue. (Posted 27/04/15).
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Huon District office at Geeveston.
Phone 6295 7111
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road has been closed just past Glovers Bluff turn off, due to road damage. Reuben Falls is not accessible. (Posted 23/10/12)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
- Rueben Falls Track - Reuben Falls Track on the South Weld Road in the Southern Forests has been closed until further notice following a land slip at the access to Reuben Falls. The track has been assessed as unsafe until maintenance can be completed. (Posted 27/9/11)
- Duckhole Track - The Duckhole track on Creekton Road will be closed until further notice due to flood damage. Walkways and duckboards have been washed out and some have been washed away. It is not known when the track will re-open. (Posted 21/4/11)
No links on this page