Road and Track Closures
North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's Bass office at Scottsdale Phone (03) 6350 6466
- Basin Road - Basin Road west of Ringarooma is closed indefinitely due to a damaged bridge.
- Connors Road - Connors Road north of Branxholm will be closed till further notice for public safety during forestry operations in the area. (posted 07/02/13)
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - Heavy rainfall in the east of the state has forced the closure of Anchor Stampers visitor site (posted 21/04/11)
- Meander Falls Road - Heavy rains and flooding have washed away two bridges on the Meander Falls Road. The lost bridges are over the Mother Cummings Rivulet and the other over the Meander River. This was the only road access to the Meander Falls Track, Split Rock Track, Dickson's Track, Stone Hut Track, Croft Track, Bastion Cascade Track and the Meander Picnic Area. A temporary alternative route to the Meander Falls Track car park has been opened but this is a four wheel drive only track and is likely to be closed in wet weather. - This road is an important access for bushwalkers to the Meander Forest Reserve World Heritage Area. FT is looking at options to reopen two wheel drive access to these areas.
North West Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's Murchison office at Camdale
Phone (03) 6433 2666
- Smith Plains Road (access to Winterbrook Falls) - Smith Plains Road south of Ulverstone providing access to Winterbrook Falls has been blocked by a number of trees blown over by high winds. It will be some days before the road can be cleared. (posted 26/09/12).
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (posted 27/01/12).
- Milkshakes Forest Reserve - The Rapid River Bridge remains closed due to dangerous structure. This means the South Arthur Drive/Tarkine Drive is not a through road or loop route. The popular Milkshakes Forest Reserve can be accessed over Tayatea Bridge, which has now been rebuilt.
For queries on road/track closures in Central Tas call FT's Derwent District at Hobart.
Phone 6235 8353
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Huon District office at Geeveston.
Phone 6295 7111
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road has been closed just past Glovers Bluff turn off, due to road damage. Reuben Falls is not accessible. (Posted 23/10/12)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
- Rueben Falls Track - Reuben Falls Track on the South Weld Road in the Southern Forests has been closed until further notice following a land slip at the access to Reuben Falls. The track has been assessed as unsafe until maintenance can be completed. (Posted 27/9/11)
- Duckhole Track - The Duckhole track on Creekton Road will be closed until further notice due to flood damage. Walkways and duckboards have been washed out and some have been washed away. It is not known when the track will re-open. (Posted 21/4/11)
No links on this page