Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's Bass office at Scottsdale Phone (03) 6350 6466
- Risky Ridge Road - Risky Ridge Road between Hogans Road and Mt Albert Road (approx 13 South West of St Helens) north east of Mathina has been closed for maintenance. (posted 250215)
- Carnac Road, south of Derby, is closed as a safety measure for a forest operation in the area. The road is closed to the east at the intersection of Carnac and Cascade Dam Roads. It is still possible to continue south west on Carnac Road to meet Mount Paris Dam Road. Access to the east is expected to be closed until April 2015.
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Meander Falls Road - Floods destroyed bridges over Mother Cummings Rivulet and Meander River, which provided road access to the Meander Falls Track, Split Rock Track, Dickson's Track, Stone Hut Track, Croft Track, Bastion Cascade Track and the Meander Picnic Area. A temporary alternative route to the Meander Falls Track car park has been opened but this is a four wheel drive only track and is likely to be closed in wet weather. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
North to North West Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's Murchison office at Camdale
Phone (03) 6433 2666
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
Central highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast
For queries on road/track closures in Central Highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast call FT's Derwent District at Hobart. Phone 6235 8353
- Styx Road (section) - Forestry Tasmania advises the Styx Road between Andromeda Link and Lanes Link will be closed to through traffic for safety reasons, between Wednesday 1st of October to approximately Friday 31st October 2014. We apologise for any inconvenience.(Posted 26/09/14) (Updated 28/10/14)
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Huon District office at Geeveston.
Phone 6295 7111
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road has been closed just past Glovers Bluff turn off, due to road damage. Reuben Falls is not accessible. (Posted 23/10/12)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
- Rueben Falls Track - Reuben Falls Track on the South Weld Road in the Southern Forests has been closed until further notice following a land slip at the access to Reuben Falls. The track has been assessed as unsafe until maintenance can be completed. (Posted 27/9/11)
- Duckhole Track - The Duckhole track on Creekton Road will be closed until further notice due to flood damage. Walkways and duckboards have been washed out and some have been washed away. It is not known when the track will re-open. (Posted 21/4/11)
No links on this page