Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's Bass office at Scottsdale Phone (03) 6350 6466
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite, as Forestry Tasmania has no commercial reason to maintain access to the area. (Posted 150714)
- Mt Barrow Forest Discovery Trail - access to the full circuit of the Discovery Trail is expected to be affected by temporary closures due to a harvesting operation. However, the trail should be open during weekends and access to the visitors' centre won't be affected.(posted 100414)
- Griffin Road - Griffin Road, Saddleback, near Mathinna, is closed till further notice to allow for a harvesting operation. Access to Griffin Park camping area is restricted to the eastern end (from Mathinna Plains Road). (posted 240214)
- Back Gully Ridge Road - Back Gully Ridge Road north east of Mathina has been cut by a fallen tree, the road will remain closed until machinery is available to clear the large tree. (posted 131213 - updated 250214)
- Risky Ridge Road - Risky Ridge Road north esat of Mathina has been closed because of a collapsed culvert. (posted 131213)
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - Heavy rainfall in the east of the state has forced the closure of Anchor Stampers visitor site (posted 21/04/11)
- Meander Falls Road - Heavy rains and flooding have washed away two bridges on the Meander Falls Road. The lost bridges are over the Mother Cummings Rivulet and the other over the Meander River. This was the only road access to the Meander Falls Track, Split Rock Track, Dickson's Track, Stone Hut Track, Croft Track, Bastion Cascade Track and the Meander Picnic Area. A temporary alternative route to the Meander Falls Track car park has been opened but this is a four wheel drive only track and is likely to be closed in wet weather. - This road is an important access for bushwalkers to the Meander Forest Reserve World Heritage Area. FT is looking at options to reopen two wheel drive access to these areas.
North to North West Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's Murchison office at Camdale
Phone (03) 6433 2666
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (posted 27/01/12).
- Milkshakes Forest Reserve - The Rapid River Bridge remains closed due to dangerous structure. This means the South Arthur Drive/Tarkine Drive is not a through road or loop route. The popular Milkshakes Forest Reserve can be accessed over Tayatea Bridge, which has now been rebuilt.
For queries on road/track closures in Central Tas call FT's Derwent District at Hobart.
Phone 6235 8353
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Huon District office at Geeveston.
Phone 6295 7111
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road has been closed just past Glovers Bluff turn off, due to road damage. Reuben Falls is not accessible. (Posted 23/10/12)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
- Rueben Falls Track - Reuben Falls Track on the South Weld Road in the Southern Forests has been closed until further notice following a land slip at the access to Reuben Falls. The track has been assessed as unsafe until maintenance can be completed. (Posted 27/9/11)
- Duckhole Track - The Duckhole track on Creekton Road will be closed until further notice due to flood damage. Walkways and duckboards have been washed out and some have been washed away. It is not known when the track will re-open. (Posted 21/4/11)
No links on this page