Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's North East Region on (03) 6350 6466
- East Barrow Road - East Barrow Road near Camden is closed due to harvesting operations. (posted 24/08/15).
- Mersey Forest Road - Mersey Forest Road is NOW OPEN. Work on clearing the road was completed ahead of time. (Posted 14/08/15)
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Meander Falls Road - Floods destroyed bridges over Mother Cummings Rivulet and Meander River, which provided road access to the Meander Falls Track, Split Rock Track, Dickson's Track, Stone Hut Track, Croft Track, Bastion Cascade Track and the Meander Picnic Area. A temporary alternative route to the Meander Falls Track car park has been opened but this is a four wheel drive only track and is likely to be closed in wet weather. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
North to North West Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's North West Region at Camdale
on (03) 6433 2666
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
Central highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast
For queries on road/track closures in Central Highlands, Derwent Valley and East Coast call FT's Southern Region at Hobart on (03) 6235 8353
- Styx Road from the Styx link to Andromeda link. The closure will start on the 5/1/16 and end on 8/1/16. Closure is due to earthworks on landings for coupe SX034E. (Posted 4/1/16)
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Southern Region at Geeveston on (03) 6295 7111
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road just past Glovers Bluff turn is closed because of road damage. (updated 01/12/15)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
No links on this page