Road and Track Closures
North to North Eastern Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.E Tas call FT's North East Region on (03) 6350 6466
- 'M' Road south of St Marys - Bridge damage on the M Road has necessitated its closure between the Valley Road turn-off and the Tasman Highway near St Marys. Alternate access to M Road from north is available via Valley Road off the Esk Main Road near Fingal.
- Access to Meadstone Falls in the Mount Puzzler area off Valley Road south east of Fingal has been closed after an engineering assessment of a bridge on the access road. The closure is indefinite. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
- Anchor Stampers Visitor Site - at Blue Tier has been closed after the walkway access was destroyed by floods. This area is now managed by Parks and Wildlife Service.
North to North Western Tasmania
For queries on road/track closures in N.W Tas call FT's North West Region at Camdale
on (03) 6433 2666
- Hales Road through Dial Range Penguin - Closed from the south of the Mount Gnomon car park. Hales Road is sometimes used as a through route between Penguin and Riana. Alternative sealed access is available. The road is closed to all traffic due to erosion and deep rutting. (Posted 27/01/12).
- Smiths Plains Road, south of Penguin which provides access to the Winterbrook Falls Walking Track, has been closed indefinitely due to a failed log culvert.
For queries on road/track closures in Sth Tas call FT's Southern Region at Hobart on
(03) 6235 8353
- Hopetoun Outlet (Glendevie junction) - due to road works on improvements for the Huon Highway at Glendevie, access to the start of the Hopetoun outlet will be closed from 30 April 2016. Access to the Hopetoun outlet from the Huon Highway will be restored following the upgrades to the Huon Highway and the construction of a new alignment of Hopetoun outlet are completed. The timing of this is yet to be confirmed and will be made available when known. It is expected the closure may be for a period of three months. (Posted 14/04/16)
- Styx Road To ensure safety during the harvesting operation in coupe TN034A, a 1.5km section of Styx Rd which passes through this coupe will be closed for approximately 3 months from 26 April 2016. The road will be closed just before the northern entry to the coupe (approximately 2km south of the junction of Styx Rd with Gordon River Rd near Maydena) and also on the southern side of the coupe.
Access to the Styx Valley will remain open via the Styx Rd from Karanja. (Posted updated 22/04/16)
- South Weld Road - The gate on South Weld road just past Glovers Bluff turn is closed because of road damage. (Updated 01/12/15)
- Riawunna Road access to Kermandie Falls - The access to the Kermandie Falls has been lengthened by 800 metres. A culvert on Riawunna Road has collapsed has cause the shortening of the road. (Posted 12/12/11)
No links on this page